March Giveaway: From Debtor to Better & A Missions Giveaway!
|Welcome to the
MARCH “MISS-AWAY” GIVEAWAY!
THIS POST WILL STAY STICKIED ALL WEEK.
THE GIVEAWAY ENDS
SEE BELOW FOR 8 EXCITING WAYS TO WIN
Welcome to March! As we enter into this month with a lion’s roar (6 inches of snow on March 4th!) and hopefully end it with a mew of a gentle lamb (mmm – Passover dinner), we’ll take some time during the changing of the seasons to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Here is a quote from our St. Patrick’s Day post from last year:
To those who celebrate its intended meaning, Saint Patrick’s Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide. Of the many symbols we associate with this holiday, most notable is likely the Shamrock, which happens to be the National Flower of Ireland. Saint Patrick used the three leaves of the Shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to pagans and unbelievers.
So, in the spirit of St. Patrick, a Welsh slave who escaped captivity in Ireland only to return to the land of his captivity and preach the Gospel, this month’s giveaway will be what we’re calling a “Miss-Away” – a donation to your favorite mission. It can be your local church, a missionary group, a youth camp, an orphanage, your town’s soup kitchen — you choose and we will donate $100.00 and then showcase your favorite mission on Friday, March 23rd.
Because, the less you owe, the more you have, and the more you have, the more you can give back to God; because we live in a society so permeated by debt, so much of what we make has to go to get out of debt; in addition to this missions giveaway, the winner will also receive a copy of From Debtor to Better by Barry Myers. Barry and his wife, Stacy, of Stacy Makes Cents, in just 8 months were able to pay off $20,000 worth of debt on just $50,000 annual income!
From Debtor to Better: The Details of Debt and How to Get Out is not your average get-out-of-debt book. I don’t just want you to get out of debt, I want you to understand the monster that is debt and be equipped to not only tackle your own debt, but also know how to help others who may be struggling with their own debt issues.
As a financial counselor and former credit card debt collector, I share secrets in this book you won’t find in most other places. There isn’t a fancy plan in this book and there isn’t a complicated system to follow. I simply tell you what debt is, many of the pitfalls associated with it and what to do to get out as quickly and safely as possible. If you’re in the dark about how to handle your debt, this book is your flashlight! Let me teach you how to take control of your finances.
There are 8 ways to enter:
- Leave a comment below and tell us what your favorite mission is and why. If it’s possible, leave a link so that we can get to know them, too.
- Say a prayer for your mission, or another one on this list, and leave a comment saying that you did (or leave your prayer! I’m sure someone can get a blessing from that!)
- Visit Stacy’s website and look around. Tell me your favorite money-saving idea from Stacy. Leave a link in the comments to the post.
- Subscribe to my RSS feed — leave a comment telling me that you have or that you’re already subscribed.
- Subscribe to my email updates — leave a comment telling me that you have or that you’re already subscribed.
- Follow my Tweets on Twitter and leave a comment saying that you now tweet– or leave a comment saying that you already tweet me. Tweet about this giveaway, copying me at @halleeb on the tweet.
- Become a Fan of Hallee the Homemaker on Facebook. Leave a comment saying you did.
- Follow me on Google+. Leave a comment saying you did.
PLEASE leave a comment for each separate entry. I’d hate to not count one that should have been counted.
God bless you and I really look forward to learning about your favorite missions!
I’m so grateful for your visit, today.
You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email.
You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!