A Week in the Life of Hallee: Wednesday

This wasn’t a typical week for me by any stretch of the imagination.  But, I thought that you might enjoy seeing the process that I went through to prepare my home for my husband’s return and to plan for Scott and Johnathan’s combined birthday party, which included out-of-town family being here.  So, here it is, one of the craziest weeks of my life.  I have determined that I will do this again once school starts and I do have a typical week, so that you can see that I’m not always so insanely overwhelmed with life.  For this entire series, click here.

Wednesday wasn’t busy as far as writing it all here.

I was really tired when I woke up.  Tuesday had been a draining day.  I got up at 6:00, when Gregg called.  We needed to get him onto a new plane, so I pulled up the options then called Delta.  I was on the phone with them for about 45 minutes, and got Gregg on a different flight home.  Now he would arrive on Friday afternoon instead of Thursday night.

I made breakfast for the boys and their babysitter came.

I normally write when she’s here, but this morning, I was feeling a little bit stressed.  Working in the garden barefoot had destroyed my feet.  They were so rough that they were actually snagging on my sheets in my bed.  Since that was a point of stress for me, I took advantage of the opportunity of my sitter and went to get a pedicure.

I can’t tell you how much stress just melted away in that hour.

When I got home, I cleaned.

And cleaned some more.

When I wasn’t cleaning, I was folding and putting away laundry.

While I was out in my garden at one point during the day, my composter caught my eye.  I hadn’t used it all year, and was going to get it prepped to use it again – especially with all of the inedible garden waste that would happen once I started harvesting my garden.  I opened the lid and discovered that someone had taken up residence in my composter.  I definitely want to keep him around to help keep my garden pest free, so I’m going to see what I can do to not run him off.

My sister-in-law, Danielle, got in from Chicago around 6:00PM with my 4-year-old niece.  The boys were so excited to see them.  We enjoyed dinner – leftover chicken from the night before -and then she took care of bathing children for me.

I read all three kids bedtime stories and put them to bed, then visited with Danielle.

As soon as the kids weren’t twitterpating upstairs anymore, I went to bed.  I organized my thoughts and made lists for the next two days.

Then I crashed well before 10PM.



I’m so grateful for your visit, today.
You would bless me if you added me to your Subscribe via any Reader feed reader or subscribed Subscribe via Email via email.
You can also become a fan on Become a Facebook Fan Facebook or follow me on Follow me on Twitter Twitter. I would love to see more of you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Copyright © 2009 - 2024 Hallee the Homemaker All Rights Reserved.