Kaylee has gone to Florida to spend summer with her dad, so for the moment, it’s just me and the boys. It surprises me how much of my schedule is freed up when Kaylee isn’t home. Her absence creates a huge hole in my day.
In three weeks, Gregg will be home for a month (I realize that emotions don’t translate well in this medium, so just imagine the giddiness in my voice.) Between now and then, I have a few goals.
- Finish my book. I am halfway through the last chapter and need to add two more chapters somewhere in the middle. Two good solid days of working on it, and it will be finished.
- Clean my basement. There’s a reason you’ve never seen any pictures of my office or basement storage area. It is a source of shame to my home.
- Get caught up in blog posts. I have a million ideas – they come rapid-fire. What I haven’t been able to do is find the time to sit down and write them out. What I end up doing is rushing the morning of to get a post done by 7AM. I need to get a week or two or three ahead, then write the posts as they come to me.
- Organize the picture files on my computer. Most of them are blog post pics — see item #3.
- Restructure my schedule. I will be starting this fall with a more intense, daily homeschool schedule. We are testing out this coming school year to see if homeschooling is something I want to do for the boys through elementary school. This year will be my test year.
- Work on how to best promote my 2-year blogging anniversary giveaway. I’m really, super duper excited about this one. I cannot even tell you. I’ll start promoting it soon.
There are more goals popping into my mind, but I only have a 3-week window and I need to be realistic with it. I also have two boys who will be ready for summer time activity, and a garden that requires daily attention.
While I’m working on this, and working on those blog posts, I’d love some feedback from you. What are your favorite kinds of posts from me? Recipes? Kitchen tips? Homemaking/housekeeping? Faith based? Marriage? Parenting? Is there something you’re waiting for or that you look for and can’t find? I also had such great feedback from my Monday Morning Surveys that I think I’m going to come up with a series of questions and make it a regular appearance here.
I’m so grateful for your visit, today.
You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email.
You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!
This post was linked to: