10 Things Never to Say…
My friend Amy handed me a cut-out from Redbook magazine Sunday. A blogger was asked to come up with 10 things never to say to a stay-at-home-mom. I’m going to re-title this, because I loathe the term “stay-at-home-mom” – but everything else gets credited to Candy Kirby of thelaughingstork.com:
Ten Things Never to Say to a Homemaker:
- When the kids are older, do you think you’ll get a real job?
- How June Cleaver of you!
- Oh, so you don’t work?
- Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?
- All day with your kids? I can’t even imagine.
- I’m jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn’t have to work either.
- What do you do all day, anyway?
- I’m sure you’re not the only one who’s ever wasted money on a college degree.
- That explains why your son is so clingy!
- Weird. I assumed your house would be super clean.
She posted the ones that Redbook rejected as well:
REJECT #1: If I had to stay at home all day, I’d probably pack on a few extra pounds, too.
REJECT #2: I would go nuts without intellectual stimulation – but it’s great you don’t need it!
REJECT #3: You must be well-versed in all of the soap operas, huh?
REJECT #4: Good for you! Nothing wrong with being just a stay-at-home mom.
Can you come up with any fun “Never to say to a homemaker?”
I’m so grateful for your visit, today.
You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email.
You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!