The Power of a Praying Wife: Chapter 30 – His Future
- By: Hallee
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Last Sunday, a couple in our church celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. I LOVE that there are several couples in our church that have been married for over 50 years. I think that is amazing. Gregg and I were older when we got married, so neither one of us really expect to make it to 65 years, but we’ll take 50 with gladness and joy.
The times we’ve talked about our future, we both look forward to it and envision joy and light. Gregg has career goals, military objectives, desires for what he’d like to do working for God, plans for our family. He could probably sit down and map out his plans and objectives. Gregg’s brain is extremely analytical and he would likely not be able to function well without knowing exactly what his desires for the future are.
One of the ways that Gregg is able to be so sure is that he and I both pray together every single morning, and we regularly ask God to keep us on track and reveal to us any areas in our lives where we are not in His will. If your husband is a praying man and you are not praying together regularly, I would enthusiastically recommend that you start doing it daily. If your husband is not a praying man, then you know an area where you can concentrate your prayer.
As the review and study of this book comes to a close, I pray that you are able to discover areas where your husband needs the most prayer, and how to focus prayer for him. Praying for his fears, or his purpose, or his attitude, or for any of the areas covered in the last 30 chapters will affect everything about his future.
Never stop praying for him. You will discovered the joys of seeing God answer your prayers.
Read Chapter 30 of The Power of a Praying Wife and consider the following discussion questions. They are also posted on the forum at Hallee’s Daily Brew here, but the comments are open on this post if you prefer to discuss it here.
1. Does your husband feel hopeful about the future? Why or why not?
2. Does your husband have a vision for the future? In other words, even though he may not know specifics about his future, does he have a sense of the direction in which he’s going and feel good about it? Do you?
3. How do you feel about your husband’s future? Are you concerned about it? Do you feel hopeful? Why or why not? What could you say to your husband today that would help him to feel hopeful about his future? How could you pray? Ask God to show you and then do it.
4. Read Jeremiah 29:11 referenced at the beginning of this post. Does your husband ever lose sight of his dreams and forget what God says about his future?
5. Write down what you think concerns your husband most about his future. Now ask him and see what he says. Did he say the same things you thought he would say? Did he add anything that surprised you?
6. Pray the prayer out loud on pages 201-202 in The Power of a Praying Wife. Include specifics about your husband’s future.
I’m so grateful for your visit, today.
You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email.
You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!