March Giveaway: A Miss-Away
|~*~||Welcome to the
MARCH “MISS-AWAY” ENDS
Welcome to March! As we enter into this month with a lion’s roar (and as I type this, a cold wind is blowing my flag so hard that it’s hitting the side of my house) and hopefully end it with a mew of a gentle lamb (mmm – Easter dinner), we’ll take some time during the changing of the seasons to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Here is a quote from my St. Patrick’s Day post from last year:
To those who celebrate its intended meaning, Saint Patrick’s Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide. Of the many symbols we associate with this holiday, most notable is likely the Shamrock, which happens to be the National Flower of Ireland. Saint Patrick used the three leaves of the Shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to pagans and unbelievers.
So, in the spirit of St. Patrick, a Welsh slave who escaped captivity in Ireland only to return to the land of his captivity and preach the Gospel, this month’s giveaway will be what we’re calling a “Miss-Away” – a donation to your favorite mission. It can be your local church, a missionary group, a youth camp, an orphanage, your town’s soup kitchen — you choose and we will donate $100.00 and then showcase your favorite mission on Monday, March 7th.
There are 7 ways to enter:
- Leave a comment below and tell us what your favorite mission is and why. If it’s possible, leave a link so that we can get to know them, too.
- Say a prayer for your mission, or another one on this list, and leave a comment saying that you did (or leave your prayer! I’m sure someone can get a blessing from that!)
- Blog about this giveaway and leave a comment with the link to your blog post about it.
- Subscribe to my RSS feed — leave a comment telling me that you have or that you’re already subscribed.
- Subscribe to my email updates — leave a comment telling me that you have or that you’re already subscribed.
- Follow my Tweets on Twitter and leave a comment saying that you now tweet– or leave a comment saying that you already tweet me.
- Become a Google friend and leave a comment saying that we’re friends — or leave a comment saying that you and I are already friends.
PLEASE leave a comment for each separate entry. I’d hate to not count one that should have been counted.
I would really love it if you became a Fan of Hallee the Homemaker on Facebook, and love it even more if you talk about this giveaway on Facebook, but because of their new rules I am not allowed to use that as a contest entry.
God bless you and I really look forward to learning about your favorite missions!
I’m so grateful for your visit, today.
You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email.
You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!