Mercy House Kenya February Supply Drive Giveaway
|~*~||THIS POST WILL STAY STICKIED ALL WEEK.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE RECENT POSTSTHIS GIVEAWAY ENDS
FEBRUARY 14TH AT 5PM EST
READ BELOW FOR 4 EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES
Do you want to win one of these awesome items from the Mercy House’s Etsy Shop?
Check out this awesome purse.
I love this bracelet.
If I only had a little girl…
There are many styles of these pins available.
You can win one of these or anything found in their etsy shop by entering our giveaway. keep reading to see how.
Giveaway ends Monday, February 14, 2011, at 5PM EST. Let’s show some real love this Valentine’s Day.
In March of last year, Kristen Welch of the blog We Are That Family went to Kenya, Africa, with Compassion International to blog about their relief efforts in the slums of Nairobi. I remember reading about her trip there and how broken she felt when she got home. Just days after returning home, Kristen read a heartbreaking article by CNN about the large number of backstreet abortions by girls forced into prostitution to feed their families.
While in Kenya she met Maureen, a Compassion International student. Kristen contacted Maureen and asked if she knew of any relief efforts to help these pregnant girls. Maureen knew of none. Four months later, Maureen contacted Kristen with a vision God had placed in her heart.
Now they’re opening Mercy House.
As they’re getting funding together and paperwork and doing what they need to do to get everything started, they’re also doing a supply drive. Every month they’re collecting different items. February’s collection drive includes:
- Alcohol pads
- Latex-free gloves-most needed
- Tylenol and Tylenol brand items (cold, allergy, etc)
- Pain relief
- Antibiotic creams like Neosporin
- First Aid Kits
You can mail items to:
The Mercy House
8000 Research Forest Dr., Ste. 115-110
Spring, TX 77382
Here’s where I come in.
I cannot tell you the heart I have for African missions. It has always been there, and I know without a doubt that God will have me working there at some point in my life. My soup kitchen work does things to my heart that I cannot explain, but one thing that really stood out to me is that it calmed this cry inside of my soul to be doing something.
I went to We Are That Family’s website to link to some linky and instead stumbled upon the information about Mercy House. The emotions that have overflowed my heart since reading about it last week have been overwhelming. The fact that a need was recognized, then two women of God got together to do something just impresses me and made me wish I could roll up my sleeves and help them.
Then I realized that I could.
They are having a monthly supply drive. While these supply drives are going on, I’m going to offer a giveaway every month.
We are going to donate $100 every month to Mercy House. If you win the giveaway, you can choose an item in Mercy House’s Etsy Shop and the balance of the $100 will be donated directly to them in your name.
This giveaway will end Monday, February 14, 2011, at 5PM EST.
Here is how to enter the giveaway:
- Blog about the supply drive with specifics about what is being collected that month and include the mailing address. You must link back to this giveaway in your blog about it. The entire point is to get as much word out there about these supply drives as possible. The more people who enter this and blog about it, the more people will read about it. Leave a comment telling me that you did with a link to your post.
- Post on your Facebook a link to this post. Leave a comment telling me that you did. You can enter every day.
- Tweet about the supply drive. Include @halleeb so that I am copied on your tweet. Leave a comment telling me that you did. You can enter this way every day.
- Send supplies. Leave a comment saying that you did. Be ready to have a Delivery Confirmation if you win.
God bless you and your family.
I’m so grateful for your visit, today.
You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email.
You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!