A Week in the Life of Hallee: Monday

This wasn’t a typical week for me by any stretch of the imagination.  But, I thought that you might enjoy seeing the process that I went through to prepare my home for my husband’s return and to plan for Scott and Johnathan’s combined birthday party, which included out-of-town family being here.  So, here it is, one of the craziest weeks of my life.  I have determined that I will do this again once school starts and I do have a typical week, so that you can see that I’m not always so insanely overwhelmed with life.  For this entire series, click here.

When I woke up Monday morning, I had a horrible headache.  My alarm went off at 5AM, like it always does, but I had to turn it off and go back to sleep.  I ended up stumbling into the kitchen after 7AM.

Once I got coffee made, and did my 3 Chores You Should Do Every Morning [unloaded the dish drainer (since my dishwasher was broken – more on that on Tuesday’s post), made beds, straightened the bathroom] and started breakfast, my babysitter arrived.

She comes two mornings a week so that I can write.  But, sleeping in meant I didn’t have my morning Bible study or prayer time, which threw  me off everything.

I went down to my office and did the first thing I do every Monday – print my menu and mentally scope out my week.

I hung up the menu on my bulletin board.  As I thought about my week, it occurred to me that the only time I would really have the freedom to shop for the boys’ birthday presents would be that day.  So, instead of writing, I headed out.

The ominous looking clouds explained the source of my bad headache.

I headed to Toys R Us, Office Depot and Michael’s (where I bought new calendar fixin’s), Meijer, Wal-Mart, then decided to go to the mall food court to get lunch at my favorite Greek sandwich shop.

At the mall, I pulled out my Bible and finally got to have some quiet time studying God’s word.

After lunch, I checked out a shoe store, found a couple pair of shoes on sale for my date nights with my husband while he’s home, then headed back home.  It was close to three o’clock before I got home.

The sun was shining when I got home, so I headed out to the garden, picked some squash, did a little bit of weeding, then went into the house to put away the vegetables.  While I was inside, Scott let the puppy into the garden side of the yard, and the two of them dug up my baby spinach and lettuce plants.  That was a little bit hard to take.

After mentally digesting the destruction, I answered the door to the Fed-Ex delivery guy, who was bringing our new laptops!  I was so excited.  (Though they just got set aside, unopened, for Gregg to do his thing to them when he came home.)

The boys both had a snack, then we headed off to a friend’s house for a Willow House party.  The stuff they sell is amazing.  We enjoyed some wonderful time of fellowship with some friends from church, ate some party food, spent way more than I’d mentally budgeted, then headed to the grocery store.

Once we got home, the boys were both still hungry after party food, so I made them snacks of peanut butter & homemade jelly on homemade bread.  After they ate, I gave them a quick wipe-down with soapy washcloths, threw pajamas on them, then we read our four books.

By the time I turned the light out in their room, it was close to 9:30PM.  I was exhausted, still had a slight headache, and was really really missing Gregg and Kaylee.  Hoping that the next day would be more productive for me in my home, I went to bed.



I’m so grateful for your visit, today.
You would bless me if you added me to your Subscribe via any Reader feed reader or subscribed Subscribe via Email via email.
You can also become a fan on Become a Facebook Fan Facebook or follow me on Follow me on Twitter Twitter. I would love to see more of you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Copyright © 2009 - 2024 Hallee the Homemaker All Rights Reserved.